18 April 2012

Move # 438 (ish), Part 1

Once again, we are moving.

This is the story of my life. (for the past 15 years--the first 15 years were almost firmly grounded into one house.)
Also, like many of my moves, this is a temporary one; a few months to stay with Mama.
It will be Very nice when my man gets back and we can get into a new place, that maybe we can furnish and call home for a little bit.

So, M, I and I (LOL....) started the moving process this morning (and it will be a long process...you can only leave kids and jobs and errands and etc. for so long) at Mama's.  We had to dump a mattress set, before I found out at work that a local shelter's thrift store may have actually taken it to sell.  Apparently bed bugs have become such a problem that most thrift stores won't take used mattresses anymore.  Sadness.
We finally made it back to my place to move over my furniture.  As soon as we had the major pieces prepared and started taking them out to the truck (open bed, no tarp), it started to rain.  Awesome.  We garbage bagged the chairs and blanketed the table and left the mattress behind, thankful that at least it started to rain before we left, and not after (or I'd have some very nice, very ruined furniture).

Tomorrow, we're praying for at least about 30 minutes of clear skies (or at least not rainy ones), so we can finish the next step of the move.

Please pray for us too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment