27 April 2012

Move # 4,789

Well, that's a bit of an overstatement...but man, oh man, does it feel like it.
At the end of...let me count...10 days '!', there is still one more load sitting in our old apt.
Not to mention the cleaning supplies, as, yes, the apt. still must be cleaned from top to bottom by this Sunday night.  I am completely in love with my Sabbath hours...hours of relaxation without real work...and of course worship and family/friend time--except that this isn't college where I had only me to worry about.  I can't just run over to the apt. tomorrow night for a few hours and make it a cleaning party. Baby A allows me only so many freedoms these days--one of which means that if i'm trying to do work by myself with her, one hours worth of work can stretch into like 5 or 6 hours.  This is actually why it's taken 10 days to get only most of the move accomplished.  I was able to recruit some friends and family for a little bit of time (between work schedules and nap times), and am incredibly grateful for the help they were able to give.  But man, oh man, I still thought it would take less time than this and I wouldn't be so stressed in the end.

Mmmmmm, I should know better.  I can get stressed over having to decide between doing the dishes or eating (which, of course, creates more dirty dishes) during baby A's nap time (which, on some days, if I'm lucky, can last up to 20 or 30 minutes--in the past couple of weeks she's been Finally starting to nap for up to 2 hours!).  :-D  (This is why I tend to stay up way past being tired so I can have some me-time and hopefully get a few things done.)

I will be soooooooooooo excited for Monday to come---which should hopefully mean that the old apt. will be cleaned out and cleaned up and the keys turned in!

And then on to settling in with mom (for as much as you can settle in with somebody for 4 months).
:-D

One day I'll be able to leave my house somewhere and travel with only a backpack and a tent or a suitcase and a carry-on.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment