15 April 2012

Anti-Social

As much as baby A LOVES to be social, there are just some times that she does not.
Who can blame her? There are times I'd rather be home in sweats than out having look my best and chat it up with strangers (which she does on a daily basis).
We went to watch cousin M's ballet recital today.  Go M!
All went well until 2 minutes into the first performance (a good 3 performances before M's group was on).
Baby A was little keen on the darkness of the concert hall, and more upset by the loud music.
The amount of time it took to calm her down outside, one would have thought a ghost had frightened her or maybe that she was teething.
Whatever the reason, we sat the rest of the performances outside the hall, and sometimes outside the building.

Yay! for being smart to carpool, so that I couldn't leave and instead entertain a cranky baby for 30ish minutes.  This may seem little time for you...I handle cranky minutes all day, and have many tricks up my sleeve already...most of them laying at home...or in the bag I left beside my dad back in the concert hall...which also held my phone.

:-D

Oh well, lesson learned.
No more concert halls.
This goes on the list along with no more: eating sit-down in restaurants, leaving baby A with others for more than 2 hours, eating/drinking caffeine past noon, wearing hair down, ...etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment