08 November 2010

Sick Day

I'm not actually allowed to take 'Sick Days' like we think of in the States.  So what happens if I actually get sick?  I push through it until I realize that I'm just making it worse by moving around and being around other sick students and teachers.  lol  So I took some grand advice from a good friend, called in sick today.
I've had flu-like symptoms of everything except an actual fever and actually throwing up.  Went to work several days last week.  Did my best to relax over the weekend, but ended up not working because of it.

And by Sunday night........still coughing up my lungs, couldn't swallow, lymph nodes swollen, throat hurts, stomach feels a little weird though not quite nauseous and I still sounded like a smoker.  Monday was coming quickly.  I made my decision.

And I am so happy.  And so annoyed.

Apparently I have rested so much over the weekend, that even though I feel super groggy, still coughing, still can't swallow, lymph nodes still swollen, top of throat hurts still--I can't sleep for more than 20-30 min at a time.

My mind is reeling a bit with everything that needs to get done.  It did take a couple hours to get everything straightened out at school so that some other teachers could take over for me.  And, except for my head, my body, aside from feeling a little weak, doesn't feel super tired anymore.

At least the weather is nice and rainy.  Perfect for a day in.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment