28 February 2012

Girl Stewie

Besides calling her the Demon Child (because she's so incredibly sweet!), my man has also labeled baby A as the girl version of Stewie.  Really, though, she is.  Well, it seems, sometimes....

Reason for claim to fame?  She literally scratched out part of my eye.  She was sick, granted.  We had just tried snuffing saline drops up her nose and suctioning the residue, true.  Anyone would hate that.  She swung her arms violently.  A mad woman!  My eyelids did not react fast enough, and then one of her fingernails took out, what the optometrist said was, the largest chunk of eye he'd ever seen.

In reality, there are something like four or five layers to your eye (I am not an eye expert).  Baby A sunk through the 1st layer, stopped when she hit the 2nd layer (which is incredibly tough, like teflon or something), and scooped across.  From the picture he took, it looked like the entire bottom-nose corner of my eye was missing.  Fortunately, the iris was spared.

I should have asked for the picture of my eye.  It was really cool!

(I was that little girl who liked to dig in dirt and collect worms with the boys.)

It's taken a week or so for the soreness and inflammation to fully go away, but it barely took three days to heal enough so they could take the contact bandage off.  Go eye!  

The optometrist also said that they see people all the time for scratches from babies and dogs...and sometimes cats and mascara wands.  :-)

I shouldn't laugh...

...I learned my lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment