09 February 2012

Diaper Bag!

I was given the idea this week to go through my diaper bag and spill the contents--so I can report to other mothers/mothers-to-be what I carry--to exchange ideas.

(I am on another computer without my pictures...when I can get my computer back online, I will try to post the pictures of my bags.)

So, here is my diaper bag.
Well, the two of them.

Currently, I'm using a small day-backpacking backpack.  The larger messenger-style bag does get carried on occasion, but I found I fill it up too much.  It can get really heavy, and I have lost many things in its vast depths.

So, I'll start with the backpack.

Inside the main pocket, I carry two smaller pockets; one for extra clothing (two onesies, one pair of pants, two pairs of socks), one for emergency needs (alcohol swabs, nail clippers, etc.).  I also stuff my nursing cover and any extra items in this pocket.

In the open pocket I stack a travel changing pad (with wipes and extra gdiaper plastic pockets/disposable diapers), a larger pocket with cloth diaper inserts, and a wet bag.  Sometimes, I also put my personal nail file and extra disposable diapers/swimmers in this pocket.

In the smaller front pocket, I carry baby-safe hand lotion, baby bum lotion, an extra set of keys, two extra gdiapers, and extra items as I see fit.

In the small outer pocket on the front, I carry a pair of socks (these usually get worn as gloves if it's cold, or if baby A starts scratching herself).  I also stuff the car keys and/or cell in this pocket when out.

In the water pack compartment on the back (using an actual water pack might be nice...) I stick extra cloth diaper inserts.

In the cinches along the sides, I roll up a blanket and a sling (baby carrier), and put one on each side.  If the wet bag gets too big (or if I have to use a plastic walmart bag), I'll tie it to one of the cinches.

In the elastic straps on the main straps, I pull a burp rag through at least one.

If you can't tell, I'm an organization freak...

The larger diaper bag tends to get very disorganized--although I have more individual pockets for the many random items now, that going back to it may be easier.  The one nice thing about the larger diaper bag, is there is a computer sleeve, which I use for papers picked up at the pediatricians office.  It also has more pockets, which I use for things like hand sanitizer and and small first aid kit (with band-aids, etc.).

Et, la.

I hope this has given you a few ideas.  If you have any ideas of your own, please feel free to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment