27 January 2012

21st Century Baby

My sis, M, and I keep talking about how our kids will never know what it's like to live without technology like the computer, the Wii, interactive touch screens like on the iPad...

I remember watching shows like Sesame Street and Mr. Roger's Neighborhood when I was little.  Everyone did.  Now, they are soooooo sloooooowww.  I try showing them to baby A (entertainment while I clean, get ready, etc.)  She likes them, thank goodness, (she hates Baby Einstein...), but she is incredibly captivated by cartoons...and other programs M and I pull up on the computer/iPad.  Her latest muse is the CareBears.  Which have been around for a bit.  But anytime we are near a room with a t.v. on, her eyes are glued to it...especially if a cartoon is playing.  M's son, little X, was watching Dexter's Laboratory (i think) the other day, and I think it kinda scared baby A, but she kept turning her head to see the screen.

I am very glad she is beginning to take a real interest in her toys, so it takes interest away from the t.v./computer screen.  I am looking forward to her being able to really play with toys so I don't have to resort to playing movies when I need to take a shower/wash the dishes/cook dinner/etc.  Until then, I'll keep singing the Babar theme song.  :-)

Playing online baby games

No comments:

Post a Comment