17 November 2011

mAD mEN

In a desperate attempt to save some sanity while feeding baby A and bide my time bedresting (while I was recovering), I watched what seemed like a million and one movies--pretty much just catching up from all the non-movie watching I've done most of my life.  Recently, I've grown bored of the movies and have switched to sitcoms--more specifically PanAm and MadMen.

I will say this here and now, I'm in love with Pan Am.

I started watching Mad Men (from season 1/episode 1 on Netflix) when I realized I could only watch so many Pan Am's before I'd have to wait for the next week's show.  I'm loving this 1960's era.  :-)

But Mad Men has me up at all hours, like a good book.  I spent last night finishing off season 1, and then starting season 2, just to see what Peggy would do with her new kid and if Don had really made a change in his love life situation(s).  (I realize that Mad Men is old news to most people, but I will say here, I totally called Peggy being prego waaay early in season 1--they gave a couple clues--only thing is they dropped the clues right away--except the weight gain--and so I forgot about it, and thought she was just gaining weight, like all the clueless characters in her office.  I was totally floored when she popped out the kid, after her stomach started hurting--with contractions--and no previous indications--to her--like feeling the kid kick, etc...  Before I became pregnant, I wondered how some women couldn't tell they were prego until the kid came out, but thought that maybe I was just ignorant.  Now, I still don't know how...granted, baby A was like an acrobat in my stomach...)

I just hope Mad Men lasts long enough to get me to the next Pan Am episode.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment