09 November 2011

Baby Trend-Ion Travel System-Walking




Sadly, I have yet to take a jog with this lovely jogger.
(When my baby is a couple months old, I'll be sure to rave about how much I like to run with the jogger.)
So far, we have used the Ion jogger to go on walks and use as a stand while we work outside.
The jogger is smooth.  Incredibly smooth.  Every jogger has its claims about how smooth they are on a walk or run, off-road or on.  Now, we have always stayed on-road (so far), but it handled and maneuvered very well.  While walking, we keep the front wheel unlocked, but even with one hand pushing, I have never lost control of the steering.

The matching carrier is also easy to port around (I love the triangle handle!).  We also like how the base has the ability to elevate on the back side so the carrier can recline more (letting the baby relax better).  My complaints about the carrier are very minor.  I am not crazy about the 5-point harness with the overlaying clip.  Having to hold the two pieces together in order to plug them into place over a wiggling baby is not the easiest thing.  We also do not care too much for the infant head rest, it keeps slipping up above her head.  I'm sure this will get better as she gets bigger, it just makes us more cautious about travel (and we end up stuffing the head area around the head rest to support both the head rest).

Overall, we really like the Ion travel system.  It is good quality at a decent price.  I would definitely recommend the Ion.

No comments:

Post a Comment