03 May 2012

How To Look Good Naked

I discovered this show tonight, both the US and UK versions.
I was a bit surprised at what I found.

I'm terribly in love with British shows and British humor.  However, as much as I loved the British version, I actually liked how the American host handled most situations better.  

What I didn't like about both shows was the comparing bums (trying to make the topic lady's bum look almost the smallest) seems pointless to what the show is trying to do.  I feel for the lady in cue with the biggest bum.  And what happens when the topic lady really does have a huge bum (or midriff)?  Find even larger ladies?...  You can only go so far with that. I prefer the wall of belts approach.  No need to go encroaching on others' self-esteems to make the topic lady feel better.  

I almost gagged at some of the British styles (of dress) they ooed and ahed over.  Wait, I almost did the same for a couple American dresses too.  Am I being too critical?  I'm quite okay with everyone having their own taste in style.  (So it just means I wouldn't wear it.)

I also preferred the American approach to the makeover: much more subtle and easier to replicate at home.
That was some pretty heavy make-up and hairstyling (and fake tanning!) there, Brits.

What I thought was an amazing feature of the Brit show?  Product testing!!
For this, I love you.

No matter the criticism, I'm So Glad they are not nip and tuck shows.
Really, these shows should be more well-known.  As should the concepts they're trying to explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment