03 March 2010

Antz

Every place in the world I have lived has some sort of ant issue.  In America, I have found recently, our ants are actually quite large compared to other areas of the world.  I am sure there are bigger ones to be found somewhere.  However, I had no idea how large the American ants are until I visited for a month recently.  In Hawaii, the ants are fairly smaller than the mainland ants, but I still was unaware at the size of the American ants until this visit.  The American ants looked like giants.  Tumbling, lonesome giants.  This was very odd for me as I had never had that conception about them before.  The difference is, that now, I am used to miniature ants that never leave their string of warriors, even if it kills them.  Well, I have seen a few scatter when faced with chemical warfare.  And these little guys will eat....anything.  And they're overly curious......  The sad thing is, I was actually scared by the American ants, based purely on their size.....like they could totally eat me....or....something......

God bless the geckos.

No comments:

Post a Comment