30 July 2012

Crawling!

So Baby A has started crawling!  Mind you, it's not your cliche, gerber baby crawl.  With one knee up (actually using the foot to move) and the other leg sliding sideways from below, she has a slight reminiscence to Gollum from Lord of the Rings.  :-)  I think it's absolutely funny.  My man would much prefer her to 'crawl like a real baby'.  Although, according to NatGeo's Science Of Babies, there is no normal crawl.  Crawling is rather just a means of getting from one place to the next, until they can walk.  My dear niece, M, did a version of an army crawl.  I'm not sure if her stomach ever left the floor.

Whatever the case, I'm sure walking is not too far behind.  Baby A is always looking for sturdy objects to help pull her to standing, and a good set of guiding hands to help her walk to a toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment