17 March 2011

Glue Sucks

Really.
I had the perfect art project.
The kids were really into it.
They were quiet, listened to directions, followed directions, were excited about what they were doing.
Did their best to do a good job.
Even the ESL kids, not just my 2nd graders!!
And what happens???
The glue doesn't stick.
What happens now???
The two sides of the cardboard paper are different material...substance...whatever.
I knew it would take some holding by the kids to get the thick paper to stay in place long enough for the glue to dry.
But no such luck
Grass Green side doesn't like Shiny Green side.
At all.
On top of it, I lost my huge bottle of Elmers white glue.
Sometime between first ESL class Tuesday and second ESL class Thursday.
Teacher/kids in first class swear that it's not in their classroom.  And I thought I remembered taking it out.
But nowhere on/around my office desk.
Nowhere in 2nd grade classroom.
Kids stick/slimy glue I think just doesn't hold well enough.
Made for common writing/printer/thin art paper.
Staplers it is.
But how to staple a hat together with this design?
With talent, my dear, talent.
And still, it turns into more of a bowler's hat than a leperchaun's.
Oh well, we tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment